Sunday, 4 March 2012

Day 123

Last day of the tour. Went to the favourite spot in the Whitsundays. If you were going to see a sea turtle anywhere it would be here. I was really excited to see a sea turtle so i started snorkeling really quickly. I didn't see any. Looked for a good hour. When i got back to the beach everyone else had seen at least one. I didn't give up. looked for another 30 minutes. I was just about to give up hope when one swam right past me. It was huge. At least a meter long. It swam right under me and i followed it. It came up for air and i was so close i reached out and touched its shell. Very cool moment. Swam with it for about 5 minutes before it headed off into deeper waters. Even tho i only saw one it was still an amazing experience.

Headed back to land. Everyone went to the pub after. Had a few free beers provided by the tour company and then headed back to the hostel. Truly tired...

No comments:

Post a Comment